In the months of October to January, when the temperature drops down, there is an abundance of winter allergies stinging more sharply in this season.
What are winter allergies?
Due to the cold and harsh weather of the winter season, you are more likely to stay at home and get yourself exposed to indoor dust allergens. Even when you are outside of your house, due to excessive dryness, the skin gets more affected as it is directly exposed to the atmosphere.
Even to get a comfortable warmness, we set fireplace smoke that is dangerous for irritants, congestion, itchy eyes, and a sore throat. Along with that mold, dust mites and pet dander are the various allergens that help to react as a catalyst in increasing the winter allergies.
what causes allergies in the winter?
The worst part of winter allergies is that the symptoms appear after a few days of exposure to allergens. The main problem with winter allergies is that it blocks the nasal breathing space that results in obstruction for inhaling and exhaling oxygenated blood.
The best way to free you from all these kinds of problems is to take preventive measures. But it is certainly an important point for all of us to know that allergy symptoms are visible after 2 to 4 days.
In this regard, we have done a survey to know the causes or the apex point, from where the disease gets spread.
|Name of Allergen
||Where is it found?
||Why is it usual?
||● On the cover of beds and carpets.
● Indoor carpets.
|● Due to damp and dry cold weather, that enhances the growth of Mold.
|Cough and Cold
||● Dust and dry allergens are responsible for increasing cardiac allergies, which enhances cardiac problems.
||● Blocks the nasal passage and it makes it uncomfortable for the person to breathe properly.
● Cardiac un-rest.
|● It is common for mites to cover themselves in warm and damp conditions.
● Their dead bodies are suitable enough to spread viruses.
||● In the house.
● Gatherings and get-together.
|● To make ourselves feel comfortable, with the temperature and to feel the warmth.
From the above-detailed causes, it is necessary for us to know that allergens are available in abundance. This may lead to rhinitis allergies or hay fever. The main problem occurs when the body’s immune system overreacts to certain foreign substances leading to myocardial disorder.
what are the symptoms of winter allergies?
The symptoms of winter allergies mainly consist of three common factors, that includes domestic dust mites, animal dander along cockroach droppings. These few factors take a threatening character in the day to day human activity.
In the time of winter, when the ventilation is low as compared to any other season, the allergens get an ample amount of time to spread their viruses. The human body gets easily exposed to such viruses, and this leads to many diseases. Initially, there are a few symptoms that make you aware of taking early precaution:
If you are looking for some telltale signs of allergies that occur due to winter allergens, have a look here:
- Runny nose.
- Itchy eyes.
- Runny nose.
- Low-grade fever.
- A clogged nose causes difficulty in breathing.
- Sick and feeling uncomfortable.
- Ear itching.
- Phlegm is caused by a dry cough.
- Itching in the throat.
Some of the disruptive effects of winter allergens that are responsible for spread winter allergies are as follows:
- Anxious feeling.
- Exhausted and rapid breathing.
- Tightness in the chest.
- Making whistling sound while breathing.
So, here we have seen two categories that precisely state the symptoms of winter allergies. In this regard, it is necessary to know that this virus has got an abundance of power that overrules the immunity power of the body.
Natural treatment for winter allergies
So let us see, the treatment-related to the curing of winter allergies..!!
Treatment of winter allergies can be simply done at home, until and unless the infection has spread a lot. Proper treatment at home by keeping in mind all the restrictions can ensure the patient will diagnose without the help of a physician.
Some tips related to curing winter diseases:
- Using the nasal spray: Nasal sprays like fluticasone and triamcinolone are doctors prescribed steroids that help to get relief from any kind of runny nose, blockage of the nasal track, and inflammation.
- Using nasal treatment: The use of neti-pot and nasal irrigation treatment is done by sending, clean and distilled water through the nasal passage. This reduces the dust obstruction in the nasal area, which allows the swift movement of the circulatory system.
- Taking OTC (Over-the-counter) allergy medicine: Medicines like Zyrtec and Allegra comes under the genre of Antihistamines, which help in reducing the above-stated symptoms if taken on a regular basis. Problems related to headaches caused by winter allergens can be solved if Zyrtec and Allegra are taken on a regular basis for a certain time period under the doctor’s expertise and guidance.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is the remedial process that reduces severe kinds of chronic cardiac diseases. This therapy related to immunization of your body helps you to increase the capacity of immunity so that the body achieves the maximum strength at the time of winter to fight against all kinds of foreign winter allergens. You may ask your doctor to prescribe you- allergy shot to increase the immunity power of your health.
There is an abundance of preventive measures that helps to create a protective layer over your body, let’s check them:
- Vacuum your residency on a daily basis that consists of the HEPA filtration process to filter out all kinds of allergens present in the upper surface.
- Try to maintain a well-balanced humidity level that ranges from 30 to 50 percent in winter conditions. This humidity level can be achieved by using the dehumidifier reducer.
- Replace carpets with wood and tiles.
- Try to clean areas that are enriched with mold growth with the help of water.
- Fill all kinds of leaks in windows, door lintels, basements, and roof. This will help to prevent moisture content from increasing any further.
- Pet animals are also one of the important reasons that spread winter allergies. So to restrict the allergens to spread further by restricting their outdoor spending time.
- Regularly wash your bedding and garments.
- Remove upholstery covers and wash them in hot water.
- It is better to clean all kinds of leftovers from your kitchen and dining table after feeding yourself and your pet.
- Use a protective casing over your bedsheets, pillows, and mattresses.
- Use regular bleaching outside your house, as it helps to reduce the transfer of viruses from outside of the house.
As we know that winter allergies take a limited period of time in spreading from one person to another, we need to take precautions and early measures before getting affected by all kinds of winter virus allergens.
Tell your doctor about prescribing you allergy shots, if the winter allergies don’t get better with treatment. Allergy shots are the primary ways to reduce winter allergies. It is better to change napkins, which you frequently use while cleaning your nose and sinuses. Always remember that winter allergies are the best way of spreading communicable diseases, so even when you are sick, try to use a mask over your face.
Jackson Roy’s client work mainly focuses on health transformation enabled by technology. He wishes to bring transformation to the health care industry and has a keen interest in writing informational articles.